Department Of Physical Education
Physical and mental fitness is the main objective of physical education. Sports and Physical Education are the integral part of total education system and the present National Education policy emphasizes promotion and development of sports and Physical Education.. The main function of this department is to promote sports by organizing sports activities at Inter-Collegiate/ Inter-Zonal/Inter University level.
Our college students participate in Inter-collegiate sports regularly. To promote sports and health awareness among the students, College teams participate in almost all sports events. Students of this college have been selected to participate in Pune University team, Maharashtra state and Indian team at Asian and International tournament and some of them have received sports scholarships awarded by Pune University, UGC and Government of India.
- Provides a fertile ground and sports facility for young minds to strengthen the foundation of their future life by giving them knowledge and physical skills and tactics.
- Excellent facility to practice a well academic atmosphere
- To promote sports by organizing and participating various sports activities.
- Unique programs and opportunities for students to explore their potential.
- To promote the students participate various sports activity throughout the year.
- To promote the capacity to organize games, sports and recreational activities.
- To develop competencies necessary for Physical training and coaching.
Physical Education and Sports Committee
|Sr. No.||Member Name||Post|
|1.||Dr.Prof.Jadhav C. D.||Chairman|
|2.||Prof. Korde S. G.||Member|
|3.||Prof. Gaikwad J. S.||Member|
|4.||Prof. Jadhav M. D.||Member|
|5.||Prof. Padwal A. N.||Member|
Department Facility for the Students:
|Indoor Facility||Outdoor Facility|
|Gymnasium||200m Running Track|
|Table Tennis||Kho-Kho Play Field|
|Carrom||Football Play Field|
|Chess||Kabaddi Play Field|
Facility of the Students :
Incentives to outstanding Sports Person
With a view to inspire students to participate in sports activities, the following facilities are given to the students
- Providing financial aids like Traveling Allowance (T.A), Daily Allowance (D.A), Refreshment etc.
- Motivating students with Incentives like T. Shirts, Track Suit, Trophy, Felicitation etc.
- Exposing students to News papers, Magazines, T.V Radio etc for their recognition.
- Giving 5, 10, 15 grace marks according to Ordinance 163 of University of Pune.
- Scholarships awarded by Pune University, UGC and Government of India.
Activities for the Students:
- Sports participation
- Organized various sports Activities
- Various games Training
- Fitness Camp
- Fitness guidance
- Fitness Counseling of the students
Special Achievement :
- Awarded to Mahatma Phule Mahavidyalaya, Pimpri, Pune - 17 for having actual played in Judo (W) Tournament and declared Winner team during the year 2018-2019
- Awarded to Mahatma Phule Mahavidyalaya, Pimpri, Pune - 17 for having actual played in Athletics Men’s Tournament and declared Winner team during the year 2018-2019
- Awarded to Mahatma Phule Mahavidyalaya, Pimpri, Pune - 17 for having actual played in Boxing (M) Tournament and declared Second Runner- up team during the year 2018-2019
- Awarded to Mahatma Phule Mahavidyalaya, Pimpri, Pune - 17 for having actual played in Cross country (M) Tournament and declared Second Runner- up team during the year 2018-2019